The Incredible App for Families
Just like the Parr family in The Incredibles series, you are all superfamilies tasked with keeping a demanding schedule and staying connected, even while apart. Thankfully, all of that is much easier with the use of technology and apps. We did a little shopping and research for you, and here is the app that we feel just might upgrade your family function to superhero status.
Cozi: Rating 4.8/5.0 Cost: FREE–Cozi Gold: $29.99 per year
Available for: iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Web Browser
Cozi provides a color-coded calendar all family members can access and reference by multiple devices in real-time. Cozi boasts over 20 million users who swear by the ease of use. A simple glance is all you need with the customizable color tags that represent each family member or event.
Here’s how it works:
- Offers programmable reminders for all events, to-do tasks and deadlines on a single account
- Features all-access shared family password
- Provides automated daily calendars and weekly agendas for each family member
- Captures photos and a journal for family members to create and share
- Allows for monthly meal scheduling on the calendar
- Features family-share grocery shopping lists that can be changed as necessary
- Recipe box function assists with shopping for ingredients and materials
- Features “cook by phone” ability with a no-dim screen option
- Provides a check-list for vacation planning and packing
Cozi Gold provides an ad-free experience, contact management, and a birthday tracking function and sends change notifications for the master calendar view.
In the end, there are a multitude of options out there, but for those of you who are calendar and list makers, Cozi seems to be the big winner. Dip your toe in for free and then upgrade to Cozi Gold is necessary. Find it at www.cozi.com